As a developer you have probably spent countless hours developing or modifying an application and now you have to do the worst part… The Documentation!!!! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN Usually, you would go through your project in app designer and write down all the objects for your migration form and then start copying and pasting all your code for your technical documentation… Boring!!! Why can’t I just add a little piece of code to a XML file and everything will be done for me??? Well now you can, thanks to the below script!!!!!
- Exported your project to a file.
- Please note: You have to export everything to the file!! You have to change everything to copy/upgrade… I simple compare the project to an instance that I know the project don’t exist
- When you export the project to a file it created; an .XML file and a .INI file. (you can delete the .INI file if you want)
- Place the following file named PeopleCodeViewer.xls into the Project folder with the project .XML we just created above.
- Modify the .XML file in your project folder by adding the following two lines to the top of the XML file under the line –
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="PeopleCodeViewer.xsl"?> <root>
- Then add the following line of code to the bottom of the .XML file
- Save and close the .XML file
- Open the .XML file in a web browser and Vola
- press Ctrl-A and paste into word and your done