So you take a copy of the ‘Approval – SharePoint 2010’ workflow, and you make some changes. But after publishing the workflow, and adding it to a list on a site, you try to add a Approver and/or a CC you get the following error when the page does a post back:
This lovely error is due to SharePoint designer security update, KB2553322 (Security update for InfoPath 2010: July 10, 2012). This error has apparently been a huge pain in developers butts all over the world. The truth is I have tried every recommend solution on the net and this is the only solution that worked!!!
Please Note: This solution will have to be performed whenever the workflow is modified.
- In SharePoint Designer, go to All Files.
- Navigate to:
- Local workflows: Workflows > select the name of the workflow.
- Global workflows: _catalogs > wfpub > select the name of the workflow.
- Open the “Workflow Name” .xoml.wconfig.xml file.
- Click the Edit File link.
- Navigate to the “DefaultData” Section
- Remove xsi:nil=”true” from the Assignee and CC Fields.
- It should now look like this.
- Save the file and your done!