OK, So you are trying to set up a new view in InfoPath and you want to set a few fields from a earlier view to “Read Only”…. Simple… Well until you get to the couple of fields that don’t have that option in the properties menu?!?
Lets create a new rule:
1) Click the “Home” Tab at the top of InfoPath
2) Click “Manage Rules”
3) Now make sure you select the field that you want to set to read only
4) Select “New” in the Rules option box and Select “Formatting”
5) Under the “Condition:” heading, click “None”
6) In the first drop down select “The Expression”